New capabilities on server and data center aim to improve the user experience on support sites.
Version 3.0 of Refined for Jira brought major improvements like support for Jira and Jira Core, and an improved theme editor. Our latest release adds even more capabilities, this time aimed at improving the user experience on Jira sites and making it easier to service customers across your organization.
Set Default Request Types to help users avoid dead ends in search
If a user’s search query doesn’t turn up results, now you can set a Default Request that directs them to a request type of your choosing — wherever they’re most likely to get the help they need.
Defaults appear when users:
- encounter an empty search result
- lack permission to view a page
- end up on a “content not found” page if the content has been moved, for example
Learn more about setting defaults here.
Catch users’ attention with a fresh set of customizable announcement banners
Admins have three varieties of announcement banners to display to users top-of-page: warning, alert and info. Version 3.1 introduces a new, cleaner look for all three.
Standard colors are red, pink and white, respectively, but you can customize them with CSS to match your site’s color profile.
Learn how to configure announcement banners here.
- Users can view full-size images and videos in more places on your site—namely in an attachments on issues and requests.
- Improved accessibility: We upped color contrasts and improved page structures to make content easier to interpret and navigate. And sites and portals are now also fully navigable with a keyboard.
Upgrade to 3.1 via the Atlassian Marketplace.
Learn more on our Documentation site.